Even if the weather outside is cold and wet, you can still find a huge variety of indoor activities in and around Caernarfon to keep you and the family busy. Here are our Top 5 indoor activities to try if you are visiting us this winter. Ranging from active to educational, relaxing or exhilarating – there is something here for everyone!
1. Why not practice your climbing skills in preparation for summer at nearby Beacon Climbing Centre. With roped climbing walls up to 17m high, low level bouldering areas and a dedicated kids’ climbing room, Beacon Climbing Centre is the largest indoor climbing centre in North Wales. Make sure you try out CrazyClimb – a series of wacky climbing challenges like you’ll never have experienced before. Great fun for kids and the perfect antidote to regular gym regimes for adults!
2. Fancy an adrenaline-charged motorsports challenge? Take your friends and family to Redline Indoor Carting. Redline’s adult karts feature powerful 200cc engines, whilst children’s karts have a punchy 160cc engine – these are fast pieces of equipment!
3. The Fun Centre in Caernarfon has 14,000 square feet of fun for children of all ages! Easy to find, this huge playcentre is located in the old church close to the centre of town. Featuring a 25ft high double drop slide, ball pools, swing over nets, tumble towers as well as laser tag and indoor go karts, children will be kept busy for hours. Reasonably priced, entry fees range from £2 – £6.50 and there is a spacious café area where parents can relax with a coffee while the kids play.
4. For something a little different, why not visit the aviation museum? Located on the airfield of the former RAF Llandwrog, Caernarfon Airworld has an impressive collection of aircraft and aviation memorabilia including a D.H. Vampire, Hawker Hunter F1, Hawker Sea Hawk, Westland Whirlwind and BAe Harrier. This museum is one of the very few museums that offer the experience of taking a seat in genuine vintage aircraft.
5. Once you’ve had your fill of Caernarfon’s many activities and attractions, head back to The Celtic Royal Hotel as a guest and take advantage of complimentary use of the leisure facilities. Relax in the sauna, steam room or the pool, after a busy day experiencing North Wales’ best indoor adventures!
Where are your favourite places to visit on a rainy day in North Wales? Tweet us @GwestyrCelt.
Very happy & warming atmosphere. The decoration & furniture are very comfortable & tasteful, a wonderful hotel. Found on Hotels.com booked for me as a treat & a break, can't wait to come back again.
Visit was to attend a Ceroc Dance Weekend. Excellent venue, superb food, great room, first class service. Staff were wonderful.Close to all local attractions. I was part of a group of about 120 dancers, every one of us had a brilliant weekend.